Thursday 21 July 2011

Being British

Following on from my Sh*tish Telecom blog where I mentioned the past honour of Britishness I thought I'd have a think about the state of Britain nowadays.

Now, this is not going to be a "bloody foreigners are ruining our country" type blog, because that's a very narrow-minded and sensationalist view, if anything the cultural diversity of Britain should be a good thing.

The problems mainly originate in politics, while immigration is not a bad thing, and in many cases people who come to this country either do jobs that the British don't want, or bring expertise into the economy, there are too many people let into this country who do no want to work.  In effect Britain has become a soft touch, and if you roll in from another country then you get given money, and a house.  I've lived in this country for my whole life, and I don't see anyone lining up to give me a house just for the sake of it!!

Then we move on to the lazy folks, those proud British souls who frankly can't be bothered... lets give them some money as well, they don't want to work, so someone's got to keep them.  I know the job hunting is hard, and if you happen to be unfortunate enough to find yourself being out of work then you have my sympathy because I've been there and it's not nice.  However, if you simply want to sit around the house and not even try and find work then shame on you.  Why should the tax-payers subsidise people who refuse to work?  Women who decide to pop out a few kids so they get plenty of benefit money?  People who are not physically able to do a job, but someone are physically able to spend all day playing golf?

And my last target in this blog is the political correctness brigade... for you see we can't have "Christmas lights" anymore, we can't fly the Union Flag, we can't celebrate our national identity.  Why is this?  It's because we might upset people who've moved to our country... now pardon my attitude here, but if you move to a country then you accept their culture.  I'm not saying that you adopt their beliefs, but you don't complain about them expressing their beliefs, and it's not like the majority of foreign people who come to this country have even taken offence to anything... but we "might" upset Hindus if we put up "Christmas lights"... the Brits who come up with this stuff need to grow a pair.

This was once a proud nation with a great culture, and populated by people who could feel genuinely happy to be British.  It can be a great country again people, I know it can, but we (seemingly few) proud Brits need to take back the country from those who would try and force us from our own homeland...

Or maybe I should just move abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment