Thursday 21 July 2011

Wanted: Willpower

Ok, so the title is pretty much self-explanatory.  One thing that I lack in abundance is willpower, and that's the major contributing factor to two things that I dislike about my life. 

First is my weight, no matter how good my intentions are when I start a diet I end up losing the willpower to keep it going more than a few weeks.

Second is my lack of money, which is actually linked to the weight thing as I spend quite a bit on junk food.  The other thing I spend money on is video games.  I suppose really that I don't want to stop buying games... in fact if anything I would probably end up spending more on games if I spent less on food.  Still if I had a little more willpower then I could avoid making the spur of the moment purchases which have been so costly over the years.

So, the question is how to increase my willpower to the point that I don't spend the vast majority of my money, and I can actually put something away for the future as well as getting a bit healthier... that answer eludes me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment