Wednesday 17 November 2010

Gaming... retro style

I have a lot of old video games, they're not worth anything to sell, and so they spend their time gathering dust on the shelf.

However, as I'm now perma-skint a few have been dusted off lately, and it's a real eye opener to go back to these games.

My bro and I played through the original Halo, and it's still remarkably playable today, in fact I'd say overall it's still the best in the series.

I've also just played through Jade Empire again, not my favourite BioWare title if I'm honest, but since I've played Mass Effect 1 & 2, and KotOR to death, and bro still has Dragon Age I decided to give it another play through.

It actually stands up pretty well to the test of time, and is still a solid enough game.  The only problem was with the X360's woeful backwards compatibility.  In fact if anything I enjoyed playing it more this time as I picked up more of the subtleties of the plot.

So, to sum up... retro gaming rules!!

No comments:

Post a Comment