Tuesday 2 November 2010

Why did I get out of bed this morning?!

Today started as one of those days.  My dodgy knee was aching, I had a bit of a headache, and I really didn't feel like getting out of bed.

It didn't get too much better from there, at least in the early stages, having gotten ready to go out I loaded my suitcase into the car to go to Munich (a colleague is driving over so offered to take my stuff over as I'm only taking hand luggage).

Get in the car to take the other half to the station, and the traffic is mental.  Barely moving from about halfway to the station.  Why?  Because some genius decided that rush hour is a good time to have road sweepers on busy roads...

...you've got to be kidding me, blocking a major route to a busy commuter station at 8am... get a f*cking clue people.  You want the road sweeper along there then fine, but do it at 10am when everyone's in school / work already and your inept f*ckwittery causes the least possible inconvenience.

So I finally dropped her off, and on the return journey there's a lane closed on the dual carriageway, while some men stand around and look at a wall... that's great lads, top work there, you stare at a wall like a pro.  But how about getting out of the sodding way, or actually doing some work... either would be a good shout if I'm honest here fellas!!

Luckily things did pick up when I got to work.  The boss wasn't in to notice that I was slightly late, and when he did arrive he'd got bacon rolls on the way in... result!!

No comments:

Post a Comment